On 31st December 2019, the Chinese woke up to the dangerous novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV), which has mostly affected the city of Wuhan. The virus is not slowing down, and it is likely to spread worldwide.
According to CNN reports, the average number of victims in china as of Tuesday morning(4/2/2020) is at 20,438, an increase of 18% compared to the previous day. In other parts of the world, the majority of the patients have links to China.
What is Coronavirus?
Coronaviruses (CoV) are a broad family of viruses that results in sicknesses ranging from simple ones such as common cold to more complex ones such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome.
These viruses are zoonoses (transmitted between animals and human beings). According to investigations, animals are the carriers of these viruses, specifically civet cats and camels.
Signs and Symptoms of Coronavirus.
- Respiratory symptoms.
- Difficulties in breathing.
- Kidney failure.
- Shortness in breath.
How To Prevent Coronavirus.
- Rinse your hands using an alcohol-based soap all the time. These ensure that the virus never survives if it is on your hands.
- Distance yourself from other people in social places, especially those who have a fever, coughing, and sneezing. These make sure that when they sneeze or cough, you don’t inhale the virus.
- Avoid eye, mouth, and nose touches. Your hands touch different surfaces and they might collect the virus then transfer it to your body through these touches.
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible if you notice any of the above-listed signs and symptoms. Make sure you inform the doctor about your traveling history to determine whether you have the virus or not.
- If you haven’t traveled to China, and you are experiencing mild respiratory symptoms, Practice good hygiene, and stay at home until you have recovered.
- Observe good hygiene when visiting live animal markets, wet markets, and animal product markets. After contact with animals, avoid touching your mouth, nose, and eyes and wash your hands using soap.
- Avoid eating raw or under-cooked animal products.
World Health Organization (WHO) is working closely with medical experts and governments to create awareness of the new virus and also provide advice to the public on the prevention of the outbreak.
Let me know if this article was helpful in the comment section below.
Overview Everyone at some point in their life reaches a time whereby they lose interest in everything and judge themselves harshly and think that they don’t deserve to breathe. It mostly happens when everything you are trying out isn’t working. A past breaking experience that has held you hostage, and you can’t accept that itContinue reading “Depression: Fight It Like Jackie Chan (What to do, what to avoid).”
Menopause is a stage in women’s life that marks the end of the menstrual cycle. This stage comes with a few uncomfortable conditions, such as hot flashes and irregular periods. The way you treat your body determines a lot if you will have favorable menopause years or miserable menopause years. Read on this article toContinue reading “Menopause: 3 Essential Vitamins To Suppress its symptoms (Proven by Science).”
6th February 2020 was the International Day of Zero Tolerance For Female Genital Mutilation (FGM). According to a tweet from the World Health Organization (WHO), at least 200 million women and girls alive today have suffered FGM in 30 countries as per the data they have. What is FGM? Female Genital Mutilation is the processContinue reading “4 Types Of FGM (#3 is inhuman).”